"Wish Her Well": Trump On Minor Trafficking-Accused Ghislaine Maxwell - News Tags

Latest

Wednesday, July 22, 2020

"Wish Her Well": Trump On Minor Trafficking-Accused Ghislaine Maxwell

News


United States President Donald Trump said Tuesday that he had not closely followed Ghislaine Maxwell's arrest on child sex trafficking for Jeffrey Epstein, but that he wished him well.

At a coronavirus briefing, Trump was asked if he believed the socialite and former partner of sex offender Epstein would incriminate any powerful man as part of a settlement with prosecutors.

"I don't know. I really haven't been following him too much," he said.

"Frankly, I wish her well. I have met her numerous times over the years, especially since she lived in Palm Beach and I suppose they lived in Palm Beach."

"But I wish him well, whatever it is. I don't know the situation with Prince Andrew. I just don't know. I'm not aware," Trump added.

Maxwell, daughter of the late newspaper baron Robert Maxwell, pleaded not guilty in a New York court last week on six charges related to Epstein's alleged sex crimes.

Prosecutors accuse 58-year-old Epstein of recruiting and preparing 14-year-old girls to be abused by Epstein, who committed suicide in prison last year while awaiting trial.

Maxwell is also accused of involvement in the abuse that occurred at her London home and at Epstein's Manhattan, Palm Beach, Florida and New Mexico properties.

She was denied bail pending a trial, which will tentatively begin in July of next year.

From NDTV News


news

No comments:

Popular Posts

https://draft.blogger.com/u/1/blog/themes/edit/7199067120201458512