Kohli Tells Tamim Iqbal What Goes Through His Mind While Chasing Targets Latest - News Tags

Latest

Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Kohli Tells Tamim Iqbal What Goes Through His Mind While Chasing Targets Latest

NEWS

India captain Virat Kohli took a look at his mindset every time he goes out to bat while chasing goals for his side. Kohli was doing a live Facebook chat with Bangladesh opening batter Tamim Iqbal where he was asked to talk about his mindset during the chases. "When it comes to pursuing goals, my state of mind is simple: if someone says something to me from the opposition side, then I feel more motivated. When I was younger, I used to watch games on television. If India didn't finish winning the game while chasing goals, I used to think if I was there, I would have won the game, "said Kohli.

"Chasing is a situation where you know how many runs you have to score. Winning is important to me. As I chase I think I can get out without going. At that point I think I can make the team win. If the goal is 370/380, I never feel like it can't be done, "he added.

Kohli, 31, also described how he staged the chase against Sri Lanka in Hobart when India had to chase 330 odd runs in 40 overs to qualify for the final.

"There was a game in Hobart against Sri Lanka where we had to chase 330 odd in 40 overs to qualify for the final. I discussed with Raina that we will establish the chase as if we are playing two T20 matches," said Kohli.

From NDTV News

NEWS

No comments:

Popular Posts

https://draft.blogger.com/u/1/blog/themes/edit/7199067120201458512